Band and Orchestra
When can my student participate in the Awesome Kids ROCK Band/Orchestra
Your student may participate in the Awesome Kids ROCK Band/Orchestra group starting in the fall of their 3rd grade year.
3rd-5th grade instrumentalists
(keyboard, guitar, bass guitar, drum set, strings, woodwinds, brass, percussion)
Cost: Please see Registration Page
(class occurs from 4-6pm, some time may be used as an
"End of Class Activity" found on the MENU tab above)
Location: Piney Ridge Elementary School
Transportation: Transportation will be offered from Freedom, Linton and Carrolltowne to class (Piney Ridge Elementary School) for a $25 transportation fee every 4 weeks.
Now you can ROCK on any instrument! 3rd-6th Grade instrumentalists advance their skills by playing rock, pop and jazz music! As an extension of the awesome kids program’s K-5th Grade band and orchestra, this class features a combined ROCK band and orchestra playing a variety of songs ending with a live public recital performance.
The Awesome Kids Band includes all 2nd-6th grade instrumentalists of any instrument (keyboard, guitar, bass guitar, drum set, strings, woodwinds, brass and percussion). While performing fun and popular tunes, students learn new fingerings, notes and theory about music and their instrument. Play songs from the Beatles, Van Halen, Michael Jackson and more on any instrument!
While the class plays some music selected from the JoeyDCares Rock Orchestra’s repertoire, it does not perform or meet with the JoeyDCares Rock Orchestra. It is our hope that all of these students will join the JDCRO performing group some day! More about the JDCRO by clicking here.
The group classes are part of the Awesome Kids Program. During the summer the group meets on Monday evenings at the Freedom Optimist Hall; this gives students a chance to get their instrument out and practice over the summer with some fun music. On occasion, student and adult members of the JoeyDCares Rock Orchestra volunteer to come and play with this class to help out the younger kids and give them the experience of playing with more experienced musicians!
Possible Songs Taught
During this Program
All County Band and Orchestra Scales
JoeyDCares Warm Up Mini-Songs Including:
Spider-Man, Eye of the Tiger, The Can-Can,
Linus and Lucy (from Charlie Brown) and many more!
Fully Arranged Pop/Rock/Motown/Soul Songs
1. Ants Marching - Dave Matthews Band
2. Beautiful Day - U2
3. Caribbean Breeze - Mr. Dundore
4. Cupid Shuffle
5. Dance to the Music - Sly and the Family Stone
6. Demons - Imagine Dragons
7. Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is? - Chicago
8. Don’t Stop Believin’ - Journey
9. Get Ready - The Temptations
10. Get Up Offa That Thing - James Brown
11. Good Times - Chic
12. Green Onions - Booker T. and the M.G.'s
13. Happy - Pharell Williams
14. Happy Birthday
15. Theme from Hawaii 5-0
16. Hey Jude - The Beatles
17. I Got The Feelin’ - James Brown
18. I Want You To Be My Baby - Louis Jordan
19. Jump - Van Halen
20. Let It Be - The Beatles
21. Livy Lu - Mr. Dundore
22. Love Story - Taylor Swift
23. Love Train - The O'Jays
24. Lullaby For Baby Drew - Mr. Dundore
25. Medium Dance Groove - Mr. Dundore
26. More Today Than Yesterday - Spiral Starecase
27. Samba Pa Ti - Santana
28. September - Earth, Wind and Fire
29. Shake Your Body (Down to the Ground) - Michael Jackson
30. Soul Man - Sam and Dave
31. Speed of Sound - Coldplay
32. Uptight - Stevie Wonder
33. Vehicle - The Ides of March
34. Viva La Vida - Coldplay